Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Champion's League: Round of 16

1st leg of the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 starts in a couple of hours.  I can’t really comment on the 16 teams left since I’m way out of touch when it comes to the current status and standing of the football clubs in Europe.  I used to follow the Champions League, La Liga, Serie A and Bundasliga but stopped the year my favorite team, Juventus FC was relegated.  I have just recently revived my interest in European Football.   So I’ll just point you to great links that offer pre-match highlights, team info and match predictions.

AC Milan vs Tottenham
3:30AM on Feb 16 @ Ball’s Channel

If I were to choose between the two teams, I’d go for Inter Milan.  Why?  Two reasons.  One, they were one of my favorite teams, back when I used to follow the Champions League. Second, Filippo Inzhagi.  He was also one of my favorite players back then.  He used to play for Juve, at a time when the club was still at the top of their League.  Anyway, I’m happy to know that he hasn’t retired yet and he’s still in top form as he is the 2nd top goal scorer in this season’s Champions League, for their club at least. 

Looking at the rest of AC Milan’s line up, it’s good to know that other than Inzhagi, there are some of the players from way back who are still around like Nesta, Zambrotta and Seedorf who are still around.  I was expecting all these new batch of great players.  Other players of note in AC Milan are Robinho, Pirlo and Ibrahimovic.

For Tottenham, players of note are van der Vaart, Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe.

More at:




 
Valencia vs Schalke
5:30AM on Feb 16 @ Ball’s Channel

Not much I can say for both teams yet.  We’ll see how the match ends.  If I were to choose from the two… hhhhmmmmm…. Maybe Valencia?  Although, I do like Raul who is now playing for Schalke (so this is where he went, after leaving Real Madrid.  I love how he celebrates his goal, kissing his wedding ring)

Players to watch for Valencia: David Navarro, Joaquin, Ever Banega, Roberto Soldado

Players to watch for Schalke: Raul, Jefferson Farfan, Jurado, Christoph Metzelder


More at:


No comments:

Post a Comment